- A Florida man faces charges of impersonating a police officer after he allegedly used a car fitted with strobe lights and a “police interceptor” emblem to pull over undercover detectives.
- It’s reported that 69-year old John Arthur Benedict says he saw the Lee County Sheriff’s Office detectives speeding and in a “senior moment” pulled them over.
- The detectives reportedly complied with John’s instructions as his Crown Victoria cruiser looked legit from afar.
- Although John states he has never done this before, his son reportedly admitted that his father has previously used the strobe lights to direct traffic at accident scenes in Harris and Lee counties.
- John also faces charges of unlawful use of police insignia, and had his car impounded.