- As part of an update to its Community Standards page, Facebook has finally confirmed that it will remove photos of bare buttocks, genitals and breasts (if nipple is shown).
- However, in the section on “Encouraging respectful behavior”, Facebook clarifies that this position excludes photos of post-surgery breasts, breast feeding and photos of paintings that depict nude figures.
- Naturally, explicit photos of intercourse will also be removed.
- In addition to these changes, Facebook has clarified its position on hate speech, bullying and harassment.
- In this regard, Facebook states that it will remove photos if they are “shared for sadistic pleasure or to celebrate or glorify violence”. Although Facebook will allow “humor, satire or social commentary” in relation to topics such as ethnicity, national origin, religion etc – it will not permit hate speech that directly attacks people based on their ethnicity etc.
- In relation to bullying and harassment, Facebook states that it will remove pages, images and videos that identify and intend to shame or bully individuals.