- Self-photography has evolved and now ‘dronies’ are the new ‘selfies’.
- Typically, dronies involve attaching a GoPro to a drone, and then taking photos from different angles and heights.
- The range and scope of a drone is best utilised by creating short videos.
- Recently, Kickstarter was used to crowdfund 2 dronie prototypes – the ‘Hexo’ and ‘Airdog’.
- Dronies have already taken off (ha) in New Zealand, giving people an opportunity to record their memories in a unique way.
- However, safety regulators are keen to monitor this new trend given the dangers involved (i.e. unexpected air traffic etc).
Leave a Reply