- A devoutly religious Canadian woman kept her dead husband in a locked bedroom for 6 months because she believed he would be resurrected.
- Authorities only found the corpse when they came to evict ‘Kaling Wald’ and her family for defaulting on the mortgage.
- It’s reported that Kaling and her family prayed daily for the resurrection and duct taped the door seams and vents to keep the smell from spreading.
- Kaling’s diabetic husband died after he refused to see a doctor when his foot became infected, as he believed God would cure him.
- Kaling received a suspended sentence after she plead guilty to failing to notify the authorities of her husband’s death