- Together with the Lego Foundation, Cambridge University is looking for a ‘Lego Professor of Play’ to help run its Education, Development and Learning research centre!
- The centre will focus on the ‘importance of play and playfulness globally’, with the aim of equipping children with skills such as problem-solving, teamwork and self-control.
- According to Anna Vignoles from the University, the aim is to determine how ‘playful learning can be used to improve students’ outcomes’.
- According to the Guardian, the applicant will be a playful, curious, open-minded, imaginative and creative academic with a ‘childlike mindset’.
- It’s reported that the Lego Foundation has provided £2.5m for the position and a further £1.5m to support the play research centre.
- The job pays approx £84,000, but applications close January 20, so go go go!
Leave a Reply