- Cambridge University has accepted £2.5m from the Lego Foundation to fund a Lego Professor of Play in Education, Development and Learning.
- It’s reported that Cambridge received a further £1.5m to establish a Research Centre on Play in Education, Development and Learning within its Faculty of Education, which will be led by the Professor.
- The Research Centre will reportedly focus on the role of play in young children’s learning and development.
- This is consistent with Lego’s objective (according to its website) – which is to redefine learning and play for children aged 0 to 12.
- The Lego Foundation owns 25% of the Lego Group.
- The Lego Professor will start his/her role at the University on 1 October 2015.
Leave a Reply