- Evolutionary biologist Professor Simon Conway Morris says convergent evolution should lead us to eventually find extra-terrestrials that look like humans.
- According to the Cambridge University academic, the principle of convergent evolution provides that different species will independently develop similar features – such as the similarity between the camera eye of an octopus and the human eye.
- Professor Morris states the probability of something analogous to a human evolving is “really pretty high”, especially given the number of earth-like planets discovered by astronomers.
- The statements were published in ‘The Runes of Evolution’ – a book Professor Morris hopes will “re-energise people and get their sense of curiosity running again”.
- As to why aliens have not yet made contact – Professor Morris says they could very well be hiding…