- Britain’s first ‘poo bus’, which runs on human and household waste, will commence regular services in Bristol later this month.
- The Bio-Bus (as it is properly known) is operated by bus company First West of England and will run 4 days a week from March 25.
- During its 15-mile route, the Bio-Bus will use waste from more than 32,000 households.
- The bus will fill up at a site in Bristol, where sewage and food waste is turned into biomethane gas.
- The Bio-Bus was first unveiled in Bristol last year and has been introduced as a regular fixture due to worldwide attention.
- Managing Director of First West James Freeman says more ‘poo buses’ will be introduced if the scheme is successful .
Leave a Reply