- A Breaking Bad-themed café opened in Istanbul, where employees wear yellow hazmat suits and customers drink coffee from beakers and eat blue meth cupcakes!
- The café is a self-proclaimed “Coffee Super Lab” called Walter’s Roastery, which has been open for business since March.
- The café pays homage to the hit TV series on the AMC network, which ended in 2013.
- Among other items, the menu includes Breaking Bad-themed items such as “Say my Name” pancakes, blue rock candy and 99% pure coffee (just like Walt’s product), which is brewed in stainless steel containers.
- For legal reasons, there is no direct mention of Breaking Bad and the logo is not used.
- Co-founder Deniz Kosan told Buzzfeed that the idea started as a joke as his cousin looks like Walter White from the show.
- It’s reported that the café open following a successful Kickstarter campaign.
- Deniz says he hopes for further expansion in Turkey and abroad.
Leave a Reply