- Who is flipping the burgers at Google?
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai says he’ll drop everything to resolve the correct ordering of ingredients in the burger emoji (if everyone can agree) after online debate exposed some ridiculous variations.
- For those wondering, Google’s burger emoji contains (from top to bottom) bun, lettuce, tomato, patty, cheese, bun, whereas Apple’s burger emoji contains bun, tomato, cheese, patty, lettuce, bun.
- According to The Verge Google’s placement of the cheese defies physics and will result in a soggy mess (I agree).
- Some other variations have been raised, such as Microsoft’s bun, lettuce, tomato, cheese, patty, bun. Those offered by HTC and LG don’t even have tomato.
- According to Emojipedia, the burger emoji was approved as part of Unicode 6.0 in 2010 and added to Emoji 1.0 in 2015.
- The top priority issue was raised by Thomas Baekdal in a tweet that has since been retweeted over 22,000 times.
- Where do you stand? What is the correct order? Let’s help out Sundar!