- A 23-year-old British man stopped watching TV, reading newspapers and listening to radio because of ‘chronic déjà vu’ causing him to believe he’s seen it all before.
- The man claims he has been ‘retrieving past memories’, not merely finding them familiar, and says he’s been stuck in a ‘time loop’ for the past 8 years!
- Doctors are stumped, as the man does not suffer from any neurological conditions prevalent in those who suffer from déjà vu on a regular basis.
- Nobody knows the exact cause of déjà vu, but many believe it’s a phenomenon that arises from activity within the temporal lobe. One such theory is that mistimed firing of neurons causes a temporary glitch which affects the brain’s ability to process incoming information.
- Déjà vu is French for ‘already seen’.