- Following yesterday’s ‘space cat cafe’ story, Uber made headlines by offering Australians an opportunity to have kittens driven to them for 15 minutes of cuddles.
- The deal was offered from 12pm to 4pm, with the cash ($40 for 15 minutes) going to selected rescue shelters.
- The deal follows the successful UberKitten deal run in the USA, and resulted in #UberKittens trending all day on Twitter.
- Some (especially in marketing fields) have argued that, while the promotion was cute, it was just a publicity stunt that did not address the negative criticism received by Uber recently, such as its surge pricing during the Sydney Siege.
- Others have argued that it’s all a bit of silliness for a good cause.
- What are your thoughts? Stunt or cuddly goodness?
Leave a Reply