- The mystery of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s absence continues with Russian news channel TV Rain saying he’s recovering from the flu at his lakeside residence in Valdai.
- Putin has not been seen for 10 days since his meeting with Italian Prime MInister Matteo Renzi on 5 March 2015.
- Hashtags #whereisputin and one translated as ‘Putin is Dead’ started trending on Twitter after Putin cancelled a trip to Kazakhstan and skipped an annual meeting with the Federal Security Service the next day.
- Of the many rumours, the most popular have been that he is dead, recovering from a stroke/botched botox procedure or is in Switzerland for the birth of a secret love child!
- There have also been numerous comical explanations offered for Putin’s absence, such as the Ukranian cartoon produced by children which explains that he has been abducted by aliens.
- The Washington Post also suggested that he may be binge watching ‘House of Cards’.
- In response to questions regarding his health, Putin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov stated that he is so healthy his handshake “breaks hands”.
- Putin’s alleged disappearance follows the murder of opposition figure Boris Nemtsov in front of the Kremlin.
- Putin is now set to meet the leader of Krygyztan on Monday. Watch this space…
Leave a Reply