- Through the actions of LA activist Cassandra Banks, ‘Dancing Man’ has been found and invited to party with 1,727 women, which Moby offered to DJ for free!
- Cassandra came across photos in which Dancing Man (real name ‘Sean’, from London) was mocked for ‘trying to dance’ at a party – he apparently stopped when he saw the photographer and his/her friends laughing.
- Within a day of Cassandra’s campaign to find Sean, @dancingmanfound appeared on Twitter and has now been made aware of the huge party Cassandra and the women of LA want to throw for him.
- Moby said nobody should be ashamed about dancing and offered to DJ the party for free. Pharrell gave his support and asked to be kept updated about the party, which has already drawn attendees such as Dita Von Teese, Ellie Goulding and Este Haim!
- In addition to venue LA Coliseum offering its venue, $US35,000 has been raised by crowdfunding!
- This is going to be one hell of a party!
- Although social media was initially used to try and shame Sean, the response initiated by Cassandra shows that the social media can be used to unite people for the greater good.