- When the only snowplow driver in Parsonfield, Maine quit after a major storm, residents grabbed a shovel and cleared the snow together!
- Given that 25 inches of snow had fallen, local officials declared the lack of a plow as an emergency.
- Local residents then took it upon themselves to clear the roads, and were not even affected by the ensuing ice storm.
- According to a town spokesperson, the residents were helped by the Maine Department of Transportation, local contractors and residents from nearby towns and, together, “they just did it”.
- Great attitude!
- On another note, who quits after they find out they have a lot of work to do?