Science says ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’ by Queen is the most feel-good song of the last 50 years!
According to cognitive neuroscientist Dr Jacob Jolij from the University of Groningen in Holland, the 1978 hit has the right tempo, lyrics and key for producing that happy feeling.
Notably, 150bpm and the 3rd note or chord in a music key subconsciously triggers a sense of energy.
Although Pharrell’s ‘Happy’ didn’t make the top 10 of all time, it was the most feel-good of this decade.
Dr Jolij’s Top 10 was as follows:
1. Don’t Stop Me Now (Queen)
2. Dancing Queen (Abba)
3. Good Vibrations (The Beach Boys)
4. Uptown Girl (Billie Joel)
5. Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)
6. I’m a Believer (The Monkeys)
7. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)
8. Livin’ on a Prayer (Jon Bon Jovi)
9. I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
10. Walking on Sunshine (Katrina & The Waves)