- A teenager has been arrested in China for pretending to be a police officer by wearing a homemade uniform and carrying a fake ID and weapons to arrest thieves at his local market.
- It’s reported that police caught Wang Shih (16) driving a car modified to look like a police car, complete with a detachable blue flashing light on top of the vehicle.
- Upon arresting Wang, police found replicas of a police baton, handcuffs and a modified gun.
- At the precinct, police were not fooled when Wang said he was an officer from a local precinct, as they immediately noticed that his uniform was from a costume shop, nor was he wearing his uniform (as is required) in the photo he used for his fake ID.
- Police were also not impressed when Wang claimed to have made several ‘civilian arrests’.
- Wang says that he was simply living out his dream of being a policeman and didn’t want to wait any longer when he found out he was too young to join the force.