- Researchers at the University of Maryland have developed a system so robots learn to cook by watching YouTube!
- The project was funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), which is the Pentagon’s most advanced tech-development wing.
- Reza Ghanadan, from DARPA, says that the program focused on processing visual data and ‘understanding’ what’s happening in the visual scene, not just recognising and identifying objects.
- Impressively, researchers say the system allows robots to continuously build on previous learning and that they are working on a way for the robots to ‘teach’ other robots what they know!
- Research team-member Corneila Fermüller says that they are “trying to create a technology so that robots eventually can interact with humans”.
Leave a Reply