- How do you sneak away with 500 cows and go unnoticed?
- This is the question being asked by Ashburton, NZ police after a couple reported that approximately 500 cows had gone missing from their Canterbury dairy farm.
- Police say it would haven taken up to13 trucks and trailers to remove the cows, which are valued at $750,000 (US $0.5m; £0.4m).
- It’s reported that the cows were not insured.
- According to police, it is unlikely that hundreds of cows were stolen at once and it is more likely that multiple thefts were carried out.
- Needless to say, if you’re in the area and you see suspicious milk-dealers (or, beef dealers), contact police.