- A wealthy widow from the Bronx, NY left her 2 cats $300,000 of her $3 million estate so that they would be well cared for.
- According to the The New York Post, Ellen Frey-Wouter left instructions that her beloved cats, Tiger and Troy ‘never be caged’, and that they be cared for by her former home health aides.
- One of the aides, Dahlia Grizzle says it’s no surprise that Ellen left such a large sum to her cats, as they ‘were like her babies’.
- The remainder of Ellen’s fortune was divided amongst her health aides, lawyer and charities, with any money not spent ‘by’ Tiger and Troy to go to Ellen’s sister in the Netherlands.
- According to USA Today in 2007, a NY hotel heiress left $12 million to her dog!