- After more than 70 animated films, Minnie Mouse has finally been honoured with her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame!
- The star was unveiled this week on the 90th anniversary of Minnie’s first appearance in ‘Steamboat Willie’ in November 1928.
- The other star of that short film, Minnie’s beau Mickey Mouse, received his star on the walk in 1978.
- Interestingly, while Minnie and Mickey have never married on screen, in a 1933 interview Walt Disney confirmed that in private life, they are married.
- In addition to her film work, Minnie has inspired millions with her style and personality.
- At the ceremony, Walt Disney CEO Robert Iger and Katy Perry spoke about the icon. Naturally, Katy wore a polka dot dress, which was all the more fitting given that it was National Polka Dot Day.
- Minnie’s star is the 2,627th star on Walk of Fame.
Leave a Reply