- Matt ‘Megatoad’ Stonie ate 62 franks and buns in 10 minutes to win the 2015 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest, beating 8-time champion Joey ‘Jaws’ Chestnut.
- Chestnut fell two short this year, later acknowledging defeat with bun still stuck to his face in front of thousands of fans.
- It’s reported that Chestnut has been on the decline for years, having set the Nathan’s record of 69 hot dogs in 2013.
- In the women’s competition, Miki Sudo claimed the title by devouring 38 hot dogs in 10 minutes!
- Nathan’s annual hot dog eating competition is held at Coney Island, New York, and is a tradition on Independence Day.
- Stonie also claimed a bacon eating record earlier this year!