- A North Carolina inmate will return to prison after he turned himself in, ending a period of 39 years on the run!
- Clarence David Moore was last seen in 1976 after 2 prior jail escapes, the 2nd of which lasted nearly 3 years before his capture in Texas.
- When detectives attended to Clarence following his phone call, they found him in a medical bed; his health appearing to be one of the reasons for his change of heart.
- It’s believed that Clarence recently suffered a stroke and could not afford medical care and could not apply for assistance without identification, as he’d been living in Kentucky under an alias.
- Sheriff Pat Melton said Clarence was very forthcoming and was ‘ready’.