- An Australian man was shocked to find a 6-foot snake coiled up inside a box of cornflakes while he prepared food in the kitchen.
- Jarred Smith says he dropped his lunch and ran for the door when he saw the snake’s head poking out of the box.
- Once he composed himself, Jarred contacted the New South Wales Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Services (WIRES), who returned the snake to bushland, advising that diamond pythons are generally harmless towards humans.
- Chris McGreal of WIRES joked that the snake was so tightly wound up in the box that he had to cut it open to free the snake.
- @yesmazza has contributed to this piece by classifying this snake as a Kellogg’s Corn Snake. Gold! Contribution was made via the Instagram account. Follow @theshortnews to get involved in the daily discussion of stories!
Leave a Reply