- Former MIT Professor Joseph Gibbons has been charged with robbery after it was alleged he filmed himself robbing banks.
- It’s reported that Joseph made off with $1,000 after entering a Manhattan bank branch on New Year’s Eve and politely handing a note demanding that the teller donate money to his church. Police reportedly believe Joseph is responsible for a similar heist at the bank in November 2014.
- While waiting for his arraignment, Joseph stated that he was merely doing research for an upcoming film.
- Joseph is known for becoming especially involved in his work, having previously admitted to using illegal drugs to inspire earlier films.
- According to his LinkedIn profile, Joseph was an instructor at MIT from 2001 to 2010.