- Who is Chuck Finley?
- According to a US library audit, he borrowed 2,361 books over a 9-month period from a Florida library, except he didn’t exist!
- Chuck was reportedly created by 2 Orlando librarians to save rarely-borrowed books from being discarded.
- After the alleged fraud was reported, the East Lake County Library conducted the audit and found that Chuck’s profile had a fake address and driver’s licence number.
- According to the Orlando Sentinel, some books were borrowed and returned within the hour.
- The library has since suspended the employment of its branch supervisor George Dore, who says the threat of termination is an overreaction given what he was trying to do.