- Japan is considering whether to install toilets and drinking fountains in its elevators for emergency situations!
- It’s reported that people often become stuck in lifts for hours or days at a time due to the country’s frequent earthquakes.
- One such instance was the 7.8 magnitude earthquake that hit Japan last week which left thousands in lifts without water or toilet facilities.
- It’s reported that lifts that are not big enough to accommodate these facilities would be equipped with collapsible cardboard structures with absorbent paper bags.
- Relevant officials are meeting shortly to discuss the proposal.