- The Isles of Scilly have been flooded with applications from around the world for a new police constable role, described in the ad as “quite possibly the most enviable policing post in the UK or even the world”.
- Applicants were asked be able to “tactfully” issue a parking ticket to one’s partner or posses unflinching confidence to address an “abandoned seal pup making its way up the main street”.
- It’s reported that 57 crimes were recorded on the Isles of Scilly between March 2014 and February 2015, of which 3 related to stolen bikes.
- In one incident, police were baffled by a fried egg left at the scene of a break-in into a shed containing footballs.
- Applications were received from, among other places, Australia, Italy, New York, Texas, Thailand and Spain.
- Although phones have run “red hot”, Sergeant Colin Taylor says the deadline has passed and that sadly the job was only available to servicing officers from Devon and Cornwall Police.
Leave a Reply