- Women are flocking to a Japanese zoo to catch a glimpse of Shabani, a handsome gorilla who has been dubbed ‘ikemen’, or ‘good looking man’ by the locals.
- Shabani lives at Higashiyama zoo and Botanical Gardens in Nagoya, where his handsome looks and dramatic poses has won him a legion of female fans.
- A zoo spokesperson says that Shabani rests his head on his chin and looks intently at visitors, with his paternal instincts and watchful eye a feature found to be attractive by many.
- Shabani weighs 180kg (400 pounds) and is said to be more “buff” than most gorillas with “rippling muscles”.
- Shabani was born in the Netherlands before being raised in the Sydney Taronga zoo, then moving to Higashiyama in 2007.
Leave a Reply