- Giggles the Pig is running for mayor of Flint Michigan after its owner realised she could beat the other candidates, 2 of which are convicted felons!
- It’s reported that the 2 current city councilman running for Mayor are Wantwaz Davis who was elected to city council in 2013 even though he served 19 years in prison after he plead guilty to second-degree murder in 1991 and Eric Mays who plead guilty to felonious assault in 1987 and was recently sentenced to 72 days in jail after he was charged with drunken driving and possession of marijuana.
- Michael Ewing says he made the decision to run Giggles for Mayor when he read reports on these candidates and felt that Giggles’ impressive 9-month resume and clean criminal record would make her a better candidate.
- He acknowledges that Giggles doesn’t have much to say, but that this is true of most politicians.
- Although Michigan law doesn’t say a pig can’t run for Mayor, Michael says he thinks it will soon change and muses that the oversight is probably due to the fact lawmakers never contemplated that a goofball would run a pig for Mayor.
- Michael says he and Giggles will continue to meet with constituents until she wins or a candidate who can outshine a pig comes forward.