- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says the social media site has listened to requests and is working on a dislike button.
- Mark has previously expressed concerns for the button because the company doesn’t want to turn Facebook into a forum “where people are voting up or down on people’s posts”, as is prevalent on Reddit.
- On Reddit, ‘downvoting’ a post results in it receiving less attention.
- However, Mark hints that the dislike button will be designed to allow users to express empathy given that “not every moment is a good moment”, adding that the dislike interaction is “surprisingly complicated to create”.
- Mark made these comments during a Q&A session at Facebook HQ.
- The ‘like’ button was conceived in 2009.
- What do you think of the dislike button?