- Dave Grohl broke his leg when he fell off stage during a Foo Fighters concert in Gothenburg, Sweden, but returned from hospital and finished the concert with his leg in a cast!
- It’s reported that Dave was taken away for medical evaluation after telling the crowd “I think I really broke my leg” – promising to return and “play again” after his leg was fixed.
- During Dave’s absence, drummer Taylor Hawkins assumed vocal duties for a few cover songs.
- As promised, Dave returned an hour later and said he wouldn’t leave unless ordered to do so by doctors, saying “I may not be able to walk and run but I can still play guitar and scream”.
- A number of photos posted to social media using the hashtag #myhero show Dave performing sitting on a chair or on crutches.
- The Foo Fighters later posted an X-Ray of Dave’s broken leg with the caption “Thank you Gothenburg. That was amazing”.
- What a champ! There goes my hero…