- Following public outcry, a Texas council has reversed its decision to evict Browser the cat from the public library he has lived at for over 5 years.
- Although Browser was originally adopted from an animal shelter to deal with a mouse problem at the library in White Settlement, Texas (that’s the real name!), he ended up staying because he was so popular with staff and patrons.
- Browser was originally ordered to leave by 14 July 2016. It’s reported that the move to evict came about because a city employee was not allowed to bring a puppy to city hall.
- …But it looks like the petitions worked, with the Council voting 3-0 to let him stay.
- Maybe the original vote was based on a fear that Browser was going to do what staff at a shelter in Florida think one of their cats did – turn on a faucet, which caused water to run for 17 hours and left thousands of dollars in damage!