- A Long Island NY policeman caught a resident violating high-occupancy vehicle lane rules by driving with a fake passenger made out of ‘wooden sticks’, which was dressed in a hoodie.
- After Patrol Officer Jonathan Abrahams stopped James Campbell for speeding, he asked to see his passenger’s ID, to which James responded “I don’t think so”.
- Officer Abrahams said that James’ wooden friend appeared to be made of large popsicle sticks.
- When questioned, James told Officer Abrahams that he used the dummy because he didn’t want to be late for his new job.
- Although James was summonsed for speeding and violation of the high-occupancy vehicle lane rules, he says he used the lane again on the way home, with his wooden friend in the passenger seat.
- James also stated that the wooden friend has a sister who wears a tutu…