- A chlorine leak forced the evacuation of thousands of guests at a Chicago Hotel, many who were attending the 2014 Midwest Furfest Convention.
- Guests were evacuated after becoming nauseous & dizzy – some were still dressed as cartoon animals!
- The source of the chlorine leak was later found on the 9th floor stairwell of the Hyatt Hotel, and is suspected to have been caused intentionally. Investigations continue in this regard.
- At the Furfest Convention, people dress as animals to celebrate art, literature & performance, also known as ‘furries’.