- A suspected drug dealer led authorities on a slow speed pursuit in Carson City, Nevada while trying to make an escape on a scooter.
- It’s reported that Joseph Scurti rode his TaoTao scooter down Highway 50, but ended up hitting a patrol vehicle when he tried to evade deputies by riding on the sidewalk (footpath).
- Although the scooter chase ended when Scurti became stuck underneath the vehicle, he tried to flee on foot but was caught and arrested.
- Scurti reportedly told police he was riding away to drop the scooter at a friend’s house.
- According to the Nevada Appeal, Scurti was arrested on suspicion of a parole and probation warrant, probation violation and possible obstruction charges.