- With a combined age of 195, George Kirby and Doreen Luckie will become Britain’s oldest newlyweds when they marry later this summer.
- George, who is 103 years old, and Doreen first got together in 1988, with George saying ” I suppose it’s about time, really. I don’t feel my age. Doreen keeps me young”.
- George proposed on Valentine’s Day but told the Daily Mail that he didn’t get down on one knee because he didn’t think he’d get back up.
- George and Doreen are from Eastbourne, East Sussex and currently have 7 children and 15 grandchildren between them.
- The current Guinness World Record oldest newly married couple record is held by a French couple with a were married at a combined age of 190 years and 126 days.