- A Brazilian man stunned doctors by playing songs on the guitar, including ‘Yesterday’ by the Beatles while undergoing brain surgery.
- Anthony Kulkamp Dias was kept awake while surgeons removed a brain tumour. During the surgery, Anthony played the Beatles classic as well as a song written for his newborn son and Brazilian favourites.
- It’s reported that Anthony even played an encore after surgeons asked him to repeat one of the country songs.
- Anthony told Brazilian news website G1 that he played the guitar as it lay flat on his stomach, but had to rest occasionally when his hand became tired.
- It’s reported that Anthony was kept awake for “cerebral monitoring” – a process whereby the sensory, motor and speech areas can be monitored in real time to prevent injuries.
Leave a Reply