- A 5-year-old boy from Cornwall UK was invoiced almost 16 pounds ($25) for non-attendance at a children’s birthday party.
- The parents of Derek Nash say they originally accepted an invite for Derek to attend a ski centre party, but later realised they double booked and they went to his grandparents’ instead.
- Derek found the invoice in his school bag the next day, with the friend’s mother reoortedly now threatening to take the matter to the small claims court.
- There are conflicting stories about whether the friend’s mother’s contact details were on the invitation.
- The friend’s mother has not yet made any official response to the matter.