- Although he’s credited with developing the life-saving technique in 1974, Dr Henry Heimlich has never used it in a real-life situation… until now!
- The 96-year-old surgeon was at his retirement home in Cincinnati when a fellow resident started choking on a morsel of hamburger.
- The Doc sprung into action by wrapping his arms around retiree Patee Ris (“on the abdomen, below the rib cage”).
- After 3 compressions, the piece of meat came out & Ms Ris started breathing again.
- It’s reported that staff at the retirement home saw Ms Ris in distress, but didn’t want to steal the Doc’s thunder
Leave a Reply