- After 2 ‘close calls’ this weekend, Alaskan residents have been warned to stay clear of moose, which tend to be grumpy this time of year.
- It’s reported that a woman was kicked “in the noggin” by a startled moose that was eating from her chicken feed bucket.
- Elsewhere, an agitated moose charged skiers at Aleyska Resort.
- At this time of the year, moose are tired and looking forward to Spring.
- This is due to the lack of nutrients on their Winter menu (twigs and other woody material), as opposed to the lush greens on their Summer menu.
- Moose are a common sight along roads in Anchorage. They can range in weight from 800-pound cows to 1,600 pound bulls!
Leave a Reply