- A student who became an accidental millionaire after a simple banking error gave her an unlimited overdraft went on a $4.6m spending spree!
- It’s reported that Christine Jia Xin Lee spent the money on clothing, jewellery & designer handbags (incl a Hermes crocodile bag that retails for $150k! ).
- Christine was reportedly arrested trying to board a flight to Malaysia, and now says she thought her parents were depositing the money into her account.
- At a bail hearing, a Magistrate said Christine may not have broken the law, as the money was ‘given to her’, rather than ‘taken from’ the bank.
- ➡ What would you do in this situation?