The largely FIFA-funded film United Passions has flopped at the cinema, taking just $607 in its opening weekend in the US!
Footage of a Turkish man caught trying to sneak dozens of beer cans into a soccer stadium has gone viral after it was posted to Facebook.
• Germany has defeated Argentina 1-0 to claim the 2014 World Cup.
• The winning goal was scored by Mario Götze in the 113th minute.
• FC Barcelona have agreed to buy Uruguayan Luis Suarez from Liverpool.
• The 5-year deal is reported to be worth 81 million Euros (AUD$121 million).
• Once complete, Barcelona’s forward line will consist of Messi, Neymar and Suarez.
• Germany destroyed Brazil in a hail of goals, defeating the host nation 7-1 to progress to the 2014 World Cup final.
• Goals were scored by Thomas Muller, Miroslav Klose, Toni Kroos (2), Sami Khedira and Andre Schurrle (2).
• David Luiz scored a cracking goal from outside the box to secure victory for Brazil in a 2-1 win against Colombia.
• Brazil will face Germany in the semi-finals without its captain Thiago Silva (suspension) and Neymar, who was injured in the final minutes of the match and will miss the remainder of the World Cup.
• The opening match of the 2014 FIFA World Cup has ended in Brazil 3, Croatia 1.
• 2 goals were scored by Brazilian superstar, Neymar and the other by Oscar.
• Although the 2nd Brazilian goal resulted from a ‘soft’ penalty given against Croatia, Brazil sealed their dominance with Oscar’s goal in 2nd half overtime.
• It seems Brazil are on the march this World Cup!