• Treasurer, Joe Hockey has suggested removing the freeze on indexation of fuel excise, arguing the rich weal wear the brunt as poor people either don’t have cars or don’t drive very much.
• Ricky Muir, Senator for the Motoring Enthusiast Party, has sacked his 2nd senior staff member in a week for taking a ‘sickie’.
• It was reported the sacked staff member had a skin cancer removed from his face and took the next day off to attend a writer’s festival.
• Russian deputy Prime Minister, Dmitry Rogozin appears to have had a dig at Barack Obama’s manliness by posting a picture to Twitter with the caption “we have different values and allies”.
• The pic shows Russian President Vladimir Putin petting a leopard next to one of Obama holding a fluffy poodle.