Canada might soon require its airlines to have a French-speaking member of crew on board after Air Canada was sued by a man who received the “wrong lemonade”.
• Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi responded to a newspaper jibe at him by handing out ice cream to journalists.
• The Economist printed a comic where Mr Renzi was aboard a sinking ship (made from a Euro), holding an ice cream cone.
• After a day of debate in the Victorian Lower House of Parliament, rogue Frankston MP, Geoff Shaw has been suspended.
• Under the suspension, Geoff will be deprived of 11 days’ pay, banned from taxpayer-funded travel and will be forced to apologise for the misuse of his taxpayer-funded car.
• It has been argued that the punishment is soft, with Labor having lost its bid to have Geoff expelled.
• Geoff has been the ‘balance of power MP’, with concerns that the Lower House will now be deadlocked, leading to an inability to pass proposed laws.