Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott responded to criticism received on social media by claiming that such comments are like “electronic graffiti”.
Footage is circulating of Australian prime Minister Tony Abbott being comprehensively booed by the 83,000-strong crowd at the NRL Grand Final post-game ceremony on Sunday.
• Tony Abbott wished the Socceroos luck ahead of their opening World Cup match against Chile, in a Youtube video earlier this morning.
• The PM addressed his message to ‘Ange, Mike and the Socceroos’
• The captain’s name is, in fact, Mile (not Mike) Jedinak
• More than 15,000 took to the streets of Melbourne yesterday to protest budget cuts proposed by the Australian Government.
• Construction workers and unionists were among those at the protest, calling the budget cuts unfair and demanding they be reviewed and changed.