- Great news guys, science says the ‘man flu’ is real – but it also means we’re the less ‘valuable’ sex and therefore dispensable!
- According to scientists at the University of London, some viruses cause men to get sicker than women.
- It’s believed this is because the viruses have evolved to cause less harm to women, most likely as a way to increase their chance of being passed on from mother to child – to preserve the female population.
- This finding supports a recent study that men have more temperature receptors in the brain, and so are more sensitive to coughs and colds.
- The study has been published in Nature Communications.