- Facebook has unveiled a series of research projects that it hopes will allow people to type with their thoughts, and hear through their skin!
- The announcements were made by Regina Dugan, the head of Facebook’s secretive Building 8 research group.
- In her speech, Regina said there are 60 engineers working on these systems, including a ‘brain mouse’, and that the ability to type directly from our brains is closer than we think.
- Regina stressed that this isn’t about invading your thoughts, but rather “decoding the words you’ve already decided to share by sending them to the speech center of your brain”.
- Furthermore, there are no plans for any invasive implants of any kind, as the research is focused on optical imaging.