- Two Chinese county officials have been sacked for being involved in “superstitious activities”, including casting spells in the hope of being promoted.
- It’s reported that members of the Chinese Communist Party are not permitted to follow any religion. Those found to be practicing outdated folk beliefs are punished by China’s ruling party.
- According to Xinhua news agency, a (former) county housing official in the province of Hunan attended 5 fengshui training courses, and claimed the costs as business expenses.
- The other county official had asked others to set up an altar so that he could “cast spells”.
- Both individuals have been expelled from the party, with criminal investigations to follow.
Leave a Reply